What is Worker's Compensation?

Worker's Compensation is a form of insurance providing wage replacement and medical benefits to employees injured in the course of employment in exchange for mandatory relinquishment of the employee's right to sue
his or her employer for the tort of negligence.

How Do You Receive Worker's Comp?

If you are injured at your workplace, you can file a claim with the State of Washington or your employer's Self-Insured Company. This will ensure that you get all the medical treatment necessary to your injury and will not be responsible for any out-of-pocket expense until your doctor feels that you have recovered an will be in
stable condition after treatment is over.

What Do You Need to know?

In the State of Washington, a Chiropractor can be your Attending Physician on a Worker’s Compensation claim. An Attending Physician is the doctor that manages your day-to-day care and the doctor who can refer for other medical services, if necessary.
It is your right to choose any doctor who is qualified to treat your condition. The physician you choose, however, must be in the L&I network. You can find physician’s in your area by clicking here.
You have one year to file a claim with L&I or your employer's self-insured company.

WA State L&I Claim

Self-Insured Claim

You can visit  to complete a Report of Accident to initiate your claim. If you have any questions, our staff can help you complete the Report of Accident at your first visit.
   You can file your claim directly with your employer if your employer is self-insured. You employer will give you a Self-Insurer Accident Report that you can fill out and return to your employer or your employer’s representative.
List of Self Insured​ Employers